In our last post, we talked about the benefits of arbor shims.
If you missed it, you can see it HERE.
For use of arbor shims, follow
these 6 easy steps:
1. Prepare the arbor and the object you wish to mount.
Ensure they are clean and free from debris.
2. Identify the desired alignment and positioning. Determine whether you
need to shift the object vertically, horizontally, or adjust the angle.
3. Select the appropriate thickness and size of shims. They should be
slightly smaller than the mounting surfaces to avoid interference.
4. Insert the shims between the arbor and the object, focusing on the areas
that require adjustment. Start with a small number of shims and gradually
add or remove them as needed.
5. Secure the object to the arbor using the appropriate fastening
method (e.g., bolts, clamps).
6. Test the alignment and rotation of the mounted object. Make further
adjustments if necessary by adding or removing shims until the desired
alignment is achieved.
There you go.
Oh, and a quick note…
An Important Note:
The specific usage of arbor shims can vary depending on the application
and the equipment involved.
Here you go: