Feeler gage is an effective tool for measuring gaps.
And that is why feeler gage is called “feeler”
gage…because it “feels” out the gap.
Gives an accurate measurement of the gap
to be filled.
Feeler gauge—the tool itself–is a measuring tool that is a set of metal
blades or “leaves” of various thicknesses.
Here are 3 key points about
feeler gage and it’s usage:
1. It is primarily used to measure the gap or clearance between
two objects or surfaces, such as spark plug gaps, valve clearances,
and bearing clearances.
2. The feeler gage is essential in many mechanical and engineering
applications where precision measurements are required.
3. It can be used to measure gaps in a wide range of mechanical
applications, including engines, transmissions, and differentials.
In addition, the tool is also widely used in electrical applications,
such as measuring the air gap between transformer cores or
checking the clearance between electrical contacts.
How to use feeler gage—in 3 easy steps:
1. First, you need to select the appropriate blade or leaf
that matches the required gap measurement.
2. Next, you place the blade between the two surfaces
being measured and adjust it until it fits snugly.
3. Finally, you read the measurement off the blade or leaf
and record it for future reference.
So… If you are looking for more fine details, or just
need feeler gage, then look here:
As a thank you for reading,
Use that coupon code at check out,
for a 5% discount on your total purchase.
And have a great day!